Wednesday 7 May 2014

Photo-Shoot #8


I captured these images in my school's photography studio, under high-key lighting. The purpose of this shoot was to get images which I could then use to make a 'Sci-Fi Fantasy' scene with by combining them with images from Photo-Shoot #6.

My subject for this shoot was a globe of the Earth that I own.

Image #1


This image was created by combining an image from this shoot with one from Photo-Shoot #6. I chose this particular image from Photo-Shoot #6 because it is slightly out-of-focus -- when I was doing that shoot, I deliberately captured some out-of-focus shots of the landscape in preparation for having the focus on the planet. The hills in the landscape create leading lines going to the planet. With the Earth being seen in the sky, it implies that Mankind has migrated off of it to other planets. I really like this image, and it was fun to make; I now want to try combining a third image with these to create the look of a destroyed Earth.

In Photoshop, I used the 'quick select' tool to 'cut' the globe from its background, then positioned it to the left side of the landscape image. I then lowered the 'opacity' of the globe, and decreased the 'saturation' of both images. Finally, I "duplicated" the landscape image and put the duplicate version on-top of the globe 'layer', then decreased the 'opacity' of it.

Image #1 (Second Version)



I used an image from Photo-Shoot #3 (one of the lava-looking part of my fireplace) to create this effect. I really, really like this image. To make it, I imported the Photo-Shoot #3 image, positioned it over the globe, then selected the globe's shape and inverted it to delete the parts of the image that were not over the globe. I then decreased the 'opacity' of the fire image, and proceeded to increase the 'contrast' of everything. I also altered the 'hue' of the landscape image to give it a reddish tint.

I love how fantastical this image looks; it looks, to me, like something that would be seen in 'Sci-Fi' movies like 'Star Wars'.

No comments:

Post a Comment