Tuesday 6 May 2014

Photo-Shoot #7









During this shoot, which I did in Wales, there were two rainbows going across a waterfall. This was quite a remarkable sight, and looked very fantastical. I decided to not only capture images, but also record video footage of this particular waterfall, as the still images could not show the fluctuating movements of the rainbows in the water.

Video #1



I chose to edit this video without combining it with any other videos or images because it already looks fantastical. Before this shoot, I had never seen anything like this before.

I chose to edit this one because the footage is steadier than the other two videos, however, it is still rather shaky. The reason for the footage being so shaky is because I did not have a tripod with me, and even if I had, I probably wouldn't have been able to use it very well due to the fact that I was standing on very bumpy and uneven rocks to get this view of the waterfall; I was struggling to stay standing myself. However, I do not think that the shakiness is all that bad. In this edited version of the video, which I edited in Adobe After Effects, I used the 'time stretch' tool to reduce the speed of the footage to about 200%, which made the shakiness look more like a first-person POV shot. Going with this 'POV' interpretation, it could be assumed that the person's who is looking at the waterfall is some kind of typical 'Medieval Fantasy' character, such as a knight, adventurer, wizard, et cetera. In After Effects, I also increased the 'saturation' of the footage quite a lot to make the greenery in the background look more "mystical", "magical", and lively. The framing of this footage is really effective as the waterfall and rainbow are positioned to the right side of the rule of thirds grid, thus making the rainbow act as a leading line to the vibrant green of the cliff-side in the background.

Overall, I am happy with this video. It is not my favourite piece of work, but I really like how beautiful it looks, and the fact that I did not need to combine the footage with anything to make it look so.

No comments:

Post a Comment