Thursday 8 May 2014

Miniatures Research


I am very interested in visual effects for film, and the history of them. When re-watching 'Star Wars' recently, I was admiring the use of miniatures for the starships, et cetera, in the original trilogy. This made me realise that I can use miniatures in still photography to create fantastical characters I would not otherwise be able to make.

Above is an image I found on Google Images whilst searching for still photography of miniatures. I found this one to be quite interesting as it uses the small size of the figures to make the strawberries look very large, whilst making the whole image look natural and "realistic".

For my use of miniatures, I am planning to capture images of figures, then "cut" those figures from their backgrounds and combine them with other images to create fantastical scenes, the likes of which people would expect to see in 'The Lord of the Rings'.

No comments:

Post a Comment