Friday 28 February 2014

Nejron Photo - Artist Research

The moment I saw this image, I was inspired. In terms of colour, the blue haze given off by the light in the upper-left and the bottom of the image contrasts somewhat subtly with the beige/brown of the dust to the right. The decreased saturation of the image makes it all blend really well, thus making it easy to look at. I really like the framing of this particular image. The dust is being blown to the right, as are all of the particles. With the image being framed so that the model is to the left, more emphasis is put on the movement of the dust and particles away from him, perhaps implying that his soul/essence is leaving him, or that he is being reborn with the layers that are his current life being blown away. I am assuming that this image was created by merging several different images together, as opposed to creating all of the effects at once.


This appears to be the same image as the first, but un-cropped. I am choosing to analyse it still, due to the effects seen in the one that can't be seen in the cropped version. On the model's torso, there is a stoke of light following the path of the main "crack" going up his/her body. This effect looks as though it might have been achieved with the use of light drawing. If I were to try doing something like this, I would use a long exposure setting on my camera whilst I, or a friend, moved a light in a line in-front of the camera, with a black background. After that, I would import the image to Adobe Photoshop and change the 'layer' type to 'screen'. Then, I would add that 'layer' on the top of whatever image I want to add the effect to.




This, from the same collection of photographs by Nejron, is a different shot to the others. Here, we see the model with his/her hand on his/her head as though moving across it. It could be interpreted as the person embracing what is happening to them, which could suggest that they are being reborn. With the edges being faded to black, the light sources could be metaphorical for "a light in the darkness", as though to furthermore suggest that he is leaving his old, possibly bad, life behind and is being reborn.









No comments:

Post a Comment