Friday 28 February 2014

Hooded Man Photo-Shoot Planning

After researching Dmitrijs Bindemanis and analysis some of his images, I am now planning to conduct my own photo-shoot of a hooded man -- this is something that I have always been attracted to in 'Fantasy' worlds, such as Sith Lords in 'Star Wars'. I consider people wearing black hooded robes to be interesting, mysterious, and menacing; the entire notion is cool to me. I would now like to capture my own fantasy of dark-robed men in images.

For this shoot, I will be using a black robe with a hood, my school's photography studio, and a snoot. I will capture the images under low-key lighting, in order to capture the darkness in the atmosphere as well as the subject.

On top of using my friend as a model, I will also use a timer to capture images of myself. This idea came to me whilst moving my hair off of my face when I was researching artists for Photography. I have long hair, and a fringe which can cover my eyes and upper-half of my head. I think it will be interesting to explore the idea of mystery and not being able to see the subject's face properly by not using a hood, but a fringe instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment