Monday 28 April 2014

Photo-Shoot #4


In this shoot I hoped to capture images which I could combine with future images to give the effects of lightning auras and magic/powers. However, I decided to edit some images from this shoot on their own, purely to see what I could do with them as individual images, in terms of the 'Fantasy' genre.

This shoot was partially inspired by the images by Nejron Photo which I analysed.

Image #1 (Original Unedited)



I chose this image because I like the amount of lines of light, and the zoom of the lens which doesn't make them too big or too small.

Image #1 (First Version)



Here, in this first version, I change the colour of the light by using the 'hue' tool. I changed it to a purple colour, which for some audiences can relate to the 'Star Wars' franchise, as in some of the games, books, et cetera, some characters can shoot purple lightning from their fingertips.

Image #1 (Second Version)


With this version, I used the 'plastic wrap' filter to make the image look like glass or ice. Consequentially, this also made the "lightning" look like cracks in the glass/ice. Creating this version proved to me that I can achieve completely different images by just experimenting with only one tool in an editing program.

Image #2 (Original Unedited)



I decided to edit this image as, again, it has lots of strikes of light, and also because the aperture was larger for this one, thus making it brighter.


Image #2



To create this version, all I did was simply add a 'gradient overlay layer' in Photoshop, and used the default multicolored  'gradient'. The "lightning" being several different colours gives a fantastical look to the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment